How Do I Choose an Addiction Treatment Center in Lantana?
Table of Contents
Drug addiction and alcoholism are serious conditions that require lifelong maintenance to achieve lasting sobriety. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), 10% of the population struggles with a substance use disorder and 75% never receive the help they need.
If you have decided to seek help for your addiction, you have made one of the most beneficial choices you can make for yourself. However, choosing the right rehab program to attend can be difficult, especially if you have never been to treatment before.
If you are wondering how to choose an addiction treatment center in Lantana, there are a few steps you should take. First, you must decide whether you need inpatient, outpatient, or dual-diagnosis treatment. Next, you should look for a program that has important qualities such as individualized treatment planning, medication-assisted treatment services, evidence-based therapies, aftercare services, and more.
Deciding What Type of Addiction Treatment You Need
Everyone who struggles with addiction has their own unique set of needs, so there are a variety of programs to choose from. The main types of addiction treatment programs in Lantana include inpatient, outpatient, and dual-diagnosis. When trying to choose an addiction treatment center, it’s important to know what type of program would best suit your needs.
Inpatient rehab centers in Lantana provide the most intensive treatment services available. By having you live at the facility for 30 to 90 days, you have 24/7 access to support, care, and treatment.
Residential or inpatient addiction treatment programs typically offer:
- Medical detox services
- Individualized treatment planning
- 24/7 access to physical and mental health support
- Evidence-based therapies
- Group counseling
- Family therapy
- Addiction education groups
- Relapse prevention planning
- Aftercare services like access to an alumni support group
Outpatient addiction treatment centers in Lantana will use the same treatment techniques as inpatient programs, however, they do not require you to live at the facility. Instead, you will live at home or in a sober living housing program and commute to treatment sessions several times a week. The amount of treatment sessions you attend will depend on the type of outpatient program as well as your personal needs.
There are several types of outpatient programs, each one varying in the level of treatment intensity:
Typically, an outpatient rehab center can assess you to determine what type of program would be best for your needs. People with more severe substance use disorders should attend inpatient and then transition into outpatient as part of a continuum of care.
When you have a substance use disorder and a mental illness, this is known as having co-occurring disorders. Co-occurring disorders must be treated simultaneously to ensure that one illness does not cause a relapse in the other. Dual-diagnosis treatment centers are designed for people who need treatment for both addiction and mental health conditions and may offer inpatient or outpatient services.
Qualities to Look for in an Addiction Treatment Center in Lantana
Once you have decided what type of rehab program you need, it’s time to choose a specific facility. Choosing which addiction treatment center in Lantana to attend is a huge decision, as rehab centers are meant to help you regain control over your life and give you the tools you need to be happy, successful, and live a drug and alcohol-free life.
When choosing an addiction treatment center, there are certain qualities you should look for, including:
- Individualized treatment planning
- Options for medical detox
- Medication-assisted treatment for opioid addiction and alcoholism
- Licensing or accreditation to prove their treatment is effective and safe
- Highly qualified staff members
- Rules and regulations in place to ensure the safety of clients and employees
- Trauma-informed care
- Therapies that treat the root causes of addiction
- Evidence-based and clinically proven addiction treatment methods
- A focus on relapse prevention planning and learning healthy coping mechanisms
- Options for mental health support and treatment
- Flexibility in length of treatment or scheduling
- Aftercare that includes an alumni support group or case management services like vocational and legal assistance
- Options for insurance or payment plans
By choosing an addiction treatment center that has these qualities, you can rest assured that you will receive the tools and support you need to maintain long-term sobriety. To find out if a treatment center in Lantana offers these services, simply call and ask to learn about their program.
Learn About our Addiction Treatment Center in Lantana, Florida
If you or a loved one suffers from addiction or alcoholism in Lantana, you’ve come to the right place. At The Best Treatment Center, we are accredited and licensed in the state of Florida, which means we have been assessed to ensure that our treatment tactics are safe and effective.
We offer an intimate setting for guests with a 1:3 staff-to-guest ratio. This gives our guests the individual attention they deserve while going through the process of starting a new life in sobriety. Using a holistic approach, we cater to the mind, body, and spirit to establish a foundation for lasting sobriety.
To learn more about our addiction treatment programs in Lantana, please contact us today.
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH): 10 percent of US adults have drug use disorder at some point in their lives, Retrieved November 2023 From https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/10-percent-us-adults-have-drug-use-disorder-some-point-their-lives
Medically Reviewed: September 25, 2019
All of the information on this page has been reviewed and verified by a certified addiction professional.